Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Mud Festival


Yup, believe it or not I paid to go roll around in some mud. This past weekend I left Seoul and headed to the annual MUD FESTIVAL with my best bud Liz. It has been pouring rain here and this Saturday many of the roads in Seoul were shut down as a result; luckly I was out of town and missed out.

Okay so the day started with some military training. We got dressed up in some army gear and headed to the mud beach to do some jumping jacks and running etc...............now I can say that I have mud wrestled (hehe). I took my disposible camera but unfortunately it got covered with mud so I just chucked it out. After I got all washed up I headed to the beach to chill out in the sun for the rest of the afternoon. In the evening we got all dressed up for a night on the town. There had to be thousands of people there. We watched some live music and saw a spectacular fireworks display. We headed to bed early because we had such a long day. Poor Liz didn't sleep much because of my snoring...................sorry friend!!!!

The next day was a BLAST. We started with some beer for breakfast and I can honestly say that I have never been drunk in the afternoon until just then. We painted ourselves with some mud and participated in some of the local mud activities (mud slide, wrestling, obstacle course to name a few).

And yes it is legal to drink alcohol on the beach...........basically you can drink anywhere

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Delicious! I'm all for drinking in public! Haha!

Alexis_the Viking said...

Jen the pictures make that look like much fun I'd say.... I don't know if i could get all muddy though!! you're a wild and craza gal

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.