Monday, July 24, 2006

Namisum

Someone snap me out of this fantasy......................

My trip to Namisum Island is by far the the best thing that I have done since I have been in Korea. In total it boils down to one full day of action packed, adrenaline pumping crazyness. From the second we left till we arrived home the next day, I felt like I was in a different world. I got to fully experience Korean culture and people because I was totally surrounded by them -- and I loved every second of it.

The drive out there was exciting because we were cruising to some Korean tunes singing our hearts out. There were 5 of us total in the vehicle (4 adults and 1 baby). The baby was soooo cute and basically was an angel the whole time we were there because it never once cried. It was kinda bizzare to see it sitting in the back seat of the car not straped into a baby chair, but rather in its mothers arms (which is apparently not against the law in Korea).

When we arrived at Namisum we headed straight to the hotel (which was owned by someone my boyfriend knew, so we got a killer deal on a sweet pad -- bed and hot tub included.......yes you heard me, BED...............most Korean hotels do not come with a bed so we lucked out).

After we got settled in we had a BBQ (Korean style of course..................which means no table or chairs). Basically everyone was doing the Korean squat, which I am absolutely horrible at (as you can see in the picture). We sat around and drank beer and soju and ate some pork while we compared Korean culture and Canadian culture. I was the center of attention because I don't think many of these people had ever associated with a Westerner; overall they were extremely kind and very welcoming. It was a nice feeling.

1 comment:

Alexis_the Viking said...

Hi jen :)
Your guy is adorable !!
How long have you been together?

I have to say I love reading your journal, thanks so much for all the posts.....

Miss you, but so glad you are having this amazing time

Hugs