Friday, September 08, 2006

30 DAYS

So right now my life in Korea is stress free (and knowing that it is kinda bothersome to me). As most of you know me I like to be busy because I work better that way. During the time when I was at university, if I went our for a night I always had that impending feeling that I really should be a home doing a paper or studying. The other night I went out with my new friend Charlie to the Korean soccer game and I felt GREAT. There was nothing in the back of my mind that said I should be studying or doing some prep work for school. I was simply able to just enjoy myself.

Or was I?????

Now the more I started to think about it the more I freaked. Should live be this easy? Should I feel guilty about having a good time? This feeling of enjoyment is so bizzare for me because it is probably the first time in my life (that I can remember) where I can wake up and say that I truly 100% look-forward to my entire day. I get a lot of sleep (oh, and I love my sleep). I go to school and start teaching at 10. I LOVE MY KIDS and am so happy to be around them. After work I head to the gym and watch my favorite television show while I workout. I head to the free sauna in the basement of the gym and relax in a giagantic hot tub. I get back to my apartment and cook my lunch and dinner for the next day and then usually play around on the computer for a bit or read (gasp!!!!!! yah I read for fun). I really like the routine I have created here and on top of that I have an amazing boyfriend that I get along with so well. We don't fight, we don't argue, we don't play those stupid dating games with one another..................we simply enjoy each others presence. WOW, LIFE IS WONDERFUL!!!!!!

So............

To add a curve ball and make it more interesting I have decided to take part in a 30 day commitment to ummmmm..........ummmmm 'getting fit'. I created this contract where I have stick to a routine of eating healthy and working out for 30 days (and that includes no drinking). I wanted to do this to TEST myself and see if I am able to stick to it, regardless of how much outside pressure I face. And now that I have posted this on my website I MUST stick to it........haha.

I have been making my own lunches and dinners for the past week and it feels great to finally cook again. I made some fresh bean and tofu soup and froze it. I took some pictures of my stuff but was unable to upload them on to this site.

Anyways, I picked a bad month to do this test beacuse every week we get pizza at our school in celebration of the teachers birthdays. And I LOVE pizza!!!!!!!!!! I am on day 8 of this 30 day thing and so far so good. Wish me luck....................

3 comments:

JENNA said...

GOod Luck Jennifer! I wish I had the will power to stick to that! I'm rooting for you!

Anonymous said...

Go for it kid
I know you can do it
Just think of it as another test

Anonymous said...

i was trying to put a post earlier, but i'll just do it as "anonymous" now. I'm just rooting for ya on your 30 (or more?) healthy days. Thanks for getting me up my lazy butt and going for a run tonight!
-Christian