Sunday, February 18, 2007

I am such an idiot..........

I can't laugh about it now................but hopefully some day I can!!!!!!!

I have the worst luck for giving gifts to Sung Hyun's mom. This past winter when I shipped a box of goodies from Canada, I included a nice little surprise for Sung Hyun's mom. I had bought her one of those incent candle thingy's (you know where you put the candle on the bottom and the top melts and makes your house smell nice). Well it was a nice surprise and she was happy to receive a gift from me, but the surprise came when she opened the box and the insent candle holder was broken into tiny peices.................ahhhhh, I felt awful.

And because that gift wasn't disappointing enough I thought I would try to top it off last night when I visited by presenting them a box of ROTTEN expensive dried fruit. Little did I know that this stuff had to be refrigerated. I had purcased it on Thursday and it sat out on my table for the whole weekend. So when they opened my gift in front of me, they were as shocked as I was. I don't recall the fresh stuff having little mold pores on them, but maybe this batch was different (I was hoping it was). Anyways, last night when Sung Hyun eventually made it over to my place after the party had died down, he confirmed to me that 'yup that stuff was definately rotten and should have been kept in the fridge'

WOW, WHAT AN IMPRESSION I AM LEAVING ON THIS FAMILY...........

Do you think they will ever trust me with their son?

6 comments:

Amy Teacher said...

Hey Jenn,

Don't worry girl... I'm sure they realize it's the thought that counts, unless they truely thought you were trying to make them sick with the rotten fruit... just joking.

I think, based on your first meeting with them and eating with them, they really like you. I'm sure I'm not the only one that sees how much you're trying and so I'm sure they appreciate it.

Don't give up. Your man loves you so much and is quite happy with you... you're both happy and that's all that matters!

Dennis said...

You get my medal for uncommon valor.I have backed from the "chicken feet" several times. When you were cornered,you came out swinging.Very good show.Your stock is on the rise.

Happy New Years,

Why am I here??? said...

Hey dennis thanks for the comment!!!! Who are you anyways???? From what I can read about your commment I bet you are a fellow Navy mate.

Am I right???

Dennis said...

Hi Jenn,

I am and American married to a native Korean from Seoul.My wifes family has made me feel really accepted and loved.It sounds like you found a very nice Korean family yourself.

I enjoyed and definitely related to your "chicken feet" story.I wish for your continued happiness and success.

Why am I here??? said...

AHHH thanks dennis. I'm glad to hear that everything has worked out for you and you have made a nice home here. It's always nice to correspond with people who are in the same boat (if you know what I mean). Let's keep in touch.........

Do you have a homepage?

Dennis said...

Actually my wife and I live in Louisiana but her entire family still lives in Seoul.We visit Seoul every 2nd year on average.No web page. Contact us at dhodge17@cox.net.By the way, my wife has two cases of Asian pears in the kitchen. I never knew they were that expensive until I saw your website article yesterday.Them pears should really be good.Drop us a line sometime.