Monday, February 12, 2007

**KISS AND TELL**


So here it is the story of our first kiss and perhaps it is not all that exciting to you, but everytime I think of it, it brings a smile to my face.


..............................for the longest time Sung Hyun would pick me up at my house for a date. Now our dates usually consisted of going for walks, heading to the near-by theater or having dinner together. He would hold my hand in public when we walked and as we pushed our way through crowds ...............and all I could think was 'cool, this guy likes me'. Yet inside the movie theater when all the couples were cuddling and holding hands, he never made a move -- never brushed his leg against mine, never reached out to take my hand (even though I placed it in a convient and easy position....hehe).......ughhhh so frustrating. On top of that, when he would drop me off at my house at the end of the date we would shake hands before we departed.............no hug and certainly no kiss............'maybe he doesn't like me I thought'


So then I started thinking that Korean guys must just hold hands with women, even if they are only friends. After all this culture is very touchy-feely so to speak. I was kinda confused as to what the status of our relationship was, because this went on for a good month and a half (and at this point we still had not kissed, even though there were many awkward good-byes where a kiss would have nicely eased the tension)..................


ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't take it any longer. One day when he dropped me off at my house, I thought that I would have to make a move or nothing was ever going to happen. And sure enough I was right.............there we stood at the door of my apartment complex and once again he shook my hand....................AHHHH


After he walked away and I went into my apartment I thought..................damn it Jen............you 're not the kinda girl to just wait for something to happen, so you better do something about this. I texted him on his phone and all I said was 'PLEASE COME BACK FOR A CANADIAN GOOD-BYE'......................so there I waited on my doorstep again.........my heart racing and ready to explode from my chest. Five minutes later he arrived and I told him to close his eyes................................


..........................................I wrapped my arms around his neck and just gave him a nice quick kiss on the lips................HE TOTALLY DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING BECAUSE HE DIDN'T EVEN KISS ME BACK.........................so I told him to open his eyes and we did it again.......without saying a word (because there was nothing to be said) we both departed.


When I got into my apartment, he texted me this:


WOW!!!! WE EVERYDAY CANADA STYLE GOOD-BYE.......R U OK?

1 comment:

Beloved said...

Ha ha! That is so funny!!! Our first kiss story is quite different. Maybe I'll blog about it sometime.