Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Happy Birthday 새일 죽하해

It was Sung Hyun's (승현) birthday on March 13th and since I went all out on Valentine's Day I decided just to treat him to dinner. I asked him where he wanted to go, but he just really wanted to stay in and eat. Before he came to my house he went home to his mom's place and she totally forgot about his birthday, so he was pretty bummed by the time he got to my place. Poor guy just kept saying 'I know, my mom doesn't love me'.

Here is my first attempt at making Korean food..........


This is 미역국 (seaweed soup). It is a traditional birthday dish. To me, it tastes like salty water. But at least he liked it which is good because I only made one bowl.

Ummmmm delicious.................????

Side dishes.........mostly kimchi, but also peanuts and kimbop

.......and birthday cake of course
I also gave Sung Hyun a note that said -- here are the keys to my house and also my heart......

3 comments:

Beloved said...

Happy birthday to Sung-Hyun! I knew he was a good guy and now it's for sure--his birthday is three days before mine. :o)

This post so reminded me of my early attempts at cooking for my husband. He taught me the only dishes I knew--chamchi chiggae, kamja bokkum, and fried eggs. Well okay, I probably already knew how to fry eggs--ha ha!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNG-HYUN (belated)
Don't worry, your mother still loves you, I'm sure.
Jen, after seeing the seaweed soup, I know why you only made one bowl !! keke

Anonymous said...

thank u....sandy....
i know...
my mom dont love me..hahah(joke)