Sunday, April 08, 2007

Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Yes I know it's already half-way past this week and I am posting stuff from last weekend but I am really really busy. I AM/WAS planning on going back to Canada over my summer vacation but booking the ticket has been a real headache.

It seems impossible to do it yourself, so I am forced to go through a travel agent which I am sure they tack on a HUGE fee for doing so. Anyways, I emailed a bunch of companies inquiring information about the time/ price etc.. Apparently when you just inquire about the information they reserve a seat for you immediately. So here I get a wack load of emails saying that they have reserved my ticket for Canada....................what the heck?!?! How did I just go from asking about the ticket to them reserving a seat for me..............don't they have to ask me about that first? On top of that, some/ most of the companies can only guarantee me a seat and NOT Sung Hyun. And there was only one return flight home, which means Sung Hyun would have to travel from Vancouver to Japan to Korea ALONE.............hell NO NO NO!!! I am not sending my boyfriend home on a different plane especially when he has never flown before. So the best I could do in order to guarantee that we get on the same flight was to go the JAPAN route with him. BUT this extra stop over is costing us an extra $70 per person, go figure..........

If I leave Korea on the 26th of July I save an extra $200 per person. If I leave on the 27th it costs $200 more per person. Good lucking trying to get time off work...............I would rather have a $100 deducted off my paycheck for missing a day of work then to pay an extra $200. Infact I make more money if I leave on the 26th plus I get an extra day in Canada.

Anyways, well let's just say it's been so much of a problem that a) I've almost lost/ quit my job over it and b) I'm at the point that I really don't care anymore. Tonight I got in a fight with my manager about it and I walked home crying. Then I came home to an email that said it 'appears that you have double booked your ticket and in this case the airline will cancel your ticket'......................UGHHHH so frustrating.

Still not sure what will happen........................I just hope this trip home is worth all this!!!!!

Okay on to the weekend......

Jackson has been my really great friend this past 6 months and I love to shoot the shit with him. He is very smart and so I always feel like I learn something new when I talk with him. It was his 35th birthday this Saturday and we decided to head to Itaewon (his favorite place to pick up Korean girls). And since it was his birthday I a few co-workers agreed to come along. We had a few beers and a greasy hamburger and fries............yummmy!!! Btw, Jackson is the one on the left


On Saturday I woke up feeling pretty shitty. I wasn't sick or anything, but I just really missed home........ A LOT!!!!! Instead of sitting around my apartment sulking I decided that I needed to have a productive weekend, especially since I won't be able to enjoy my free time on the weekdays (study, study, study). So I cleaned my place from top to bottom. Then I met my friend PJ for dinner (haven't seen him in awhile so it was nice to catch up).


After dinner I headed over to Anne-Maries house for some fun. We wipped out the guitar and played some board games.


Here we are............posers!!!!



Oh geez Sarah, I just realized that Sung Hyun only throws up the deuce...........and here I am all Korean style

Here is my study board that I have attached to my wall in my room. Although I would rather draw on it then study.


And of course the next day (Sunday) we had to kick it off with as Western Breaky


.......complete with Canadian Maple Syrup


And the icing on the cake was the boys doing the dishes



SMILE


Right, almost forgot about these little games on every street corner. One dollar gives you 5 tries to pick up the toy...................I didn't go home with a teddy bear today. Maybe next time Sung Hyun


And on Sunday afternoon after a short rest we walked to Yeoido Park to check out the cherry blossoms.


And here they are...............so beautiful!!!



It's rare that you find garbage cans around Seoul, but when you do they are always overflowing



Oh we had to pose behind these flowers because EVERYONE was doing it



Here's one cool picture of Sung Hyun and Anne Marie. I attempted this jump and smile thing buy I ended up looking like a retard............seriously (hence the reason I didn't post it)
Just some boys having fun



Our for an afternoon stroll. Sung Hyun and his PUMA man purse


Anne Marie got pissed off at Sung Hyun so she wacked him with her popcorn bag and then it burst open. Here is the end result
Fun times, fun times!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Beloved said...

Good to know you're having some fun times amidst all the airline headaches. Good luck getting your ticket sorted; I think you know, it'll definitely be worth all the hassle in the end. There's just nothing like a trip "home".

Anonymous said...

Well, I for one hope you do make it home, I will have to make the trip to come and see you and your "lover" ;) Or you could bring him here to see what small town living is like. All the open spaces...........

~Marie~