Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Something to think about.....

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
___________________________________

I've been doing A LOT of thinking lately. A LOT! I thought I'd go into this semester of grad studies and work away at my (many) jobs but being back in school makes me really question my future. Thankfully I have a supportive husband who basically says "do what makes you happy!" even when I'm changing my mind every other day.

I like that I'm challenging my thoughts. I like that I'm questioning my career/life path because that means I'm an active agent in my future. I need to be doing that (and keep doing that all my life) not only because that's the kind of person I am but also because it's important for me to be accountable.

What I've learned about myself is that I like writing.

I'm thankful to have this outlet and the ability to express my thoughts on my blog but simultaneously I can't help but feel like I also abuse it.

I write when it fits my schedule, often interrupting long periods of silence, with short simple posts. One day I talk about losing weight and the next about not caring about losing weight. Contradictory? Perhaps. This being said, I know that my blog represents truth. This is who I am even though this blog only reflects parts of my life. I often wonder if I could make blogging my career and if I would be brave enough to make that happen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, I know several (many that MANY) bloggers who turned their blogs into books (memoirs) and sold them. Most of those bloggers lived overseas and have interesting ideas/stories to share. If you like to write, Google "blogs turned into books" or a variation of those terms and see what others have done. Skip self-publishing options. Instead, look for stories about people who sold their stories to traditional publishers. Best of luck!

Shelley said...

I've often thought of turning my story into a book. So many people have told me that they would be interested in reading it. It's just when you write a memoir you have to be really open and I fear hurting some people especially my in-laws because even though we have a great relationship now it wasn't always that way, and my wedding and the days leading up to it are really book worthy stuff... Funny thing is my husband says go for it- and they are his parents!

Anonymous said...

updates, please!