Saturday, November 05, 2011

Research

I have been researching for the past 2 weeks. Most of the time I can make it to bed just before 2 but some nights I'm up until 4 am. The 7 am alarm clock the the 8 hour work day that follows leave me exhausted. The past 2 weeks have been tough, as I fight to push past fatigue several times though out the day.

This research project has consumed my thoughts. I can't sleep because I'm thinking about all the work I have to do. Last week I met with 5 professors in the department to go over what I have created. I am on the 11th revision of this proposal. Today I worked on it from 9 am to 11 pm with a 20 minute supper break. My dear friend Krista has supported me along the way and spent countless hours reading my revisions and listening to my frustrations. She's so supportive and encouraging, I don't know how I will thank her.

I hope my efforts pay off. Only time will tell........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you here in the blog (and I know I talk for many of your readers).

Jacky said...

I'm sure all the hard work will pay off. It's a good thing you stopped working so many jobs. Can you imagine the stress!? O.o Make sure you give yourself time to relax--even if it's just 30 minutes a day. You're body needs a mental break.