Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I'm alive.

What's new?  LOTS!  So so much.  I'm just popping in to say HELLO, I'M ALIVE.  Life is...well crazy.  

I went to Korea for 3 months.


Made some new friends, ate pizza on the street, took lots of photos.  

STRUGGLED!

Wrote poetry:



Came back to Canada 2 weeks earlier than anticipated because of some health issues.  

Started teaching ESL at the university again.  


My outfit on the first day.

I LOVE my job.  It's exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.


Tossed the thesis aside for a bit.  Bah!  

Started asking serious life questions like: what's my purpose?  what happens when I die?  


See serious contemplation!

Started reading the Qur'an.  Have a new circle of lovely Muslim ladies that I'm happy to call my friends.  No, I'm not Muslim, but I go to the Friday prayer (it's like the Sunday church service but for Muslims) at the university and I LOVE it.

I turned 30 in Korea.  Had an international birthday with friends from around the world.


I (heart) culture!

I'm writing.  A LOT.  Just not on this blog.  I have a desktop folder called LIFE'S LESSONS and I don't often share what's inside.  It's deep...philosophical, complex - which is where my mind seems to be these days.


Here's my face as of late!

NOT DEAD, but questioning...struggling...finding my way!


Oh, I got new glasses :)


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

O-M-G!!! You're back!!

I've missed your blog! You are one of my favourite bloggers, don't go away again!

You look great, but you have lost too much weight!!

Are you ok?

Can I ask this? Are you still with Sung Hyun? No update pics with him, and then your poem........

I am glad to see your update.

I hope you are well and enjoy teaching, your students are lucky to have you!!

Take care!

Your big fan!

:)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Good to hear from you!!

I love that outfit you wore on the first day - so nice!

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaaand?!?!

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop! I know there is something else big going on...but I guess this is part of "where you are at"...to keep this part to yourself...for now...until you are ready.

Anonymous said...

And you're so skinny! :)

Anonymous said...

Busy, busy, busy! I have missed you too!! How is hubby these days? How is his job going? Your life seems so exciting compared to mine!!
Cindy (Samuel, madalyn, Rachel, lia, Benjamin :P)

rhiannon esposito said...

JENNN!! I miss you! Please blog more! And more details!!

rhiannon esposito said...

I miss you!!!! Blog more ok?

Helena said...

I hope all is well! Happy new year to you! :)