Wednesday, February 05, 2014

LIEBSTER AWARD!


Questions:
1. What is one of your best childhood memories?
Sitting outside on the front steps with my father every time it rained, with a blanket wrapped around our shoulders...talking...about life.
2. When you were 10, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Probably a superhero.  I have no idea.  
3. What is your all time, favorite song or singer/group?
It always changes.  I like a song, listen to it on repeat until I get sick of it and then...choose another.  Here's my current favourite:

4. Where is your favorite place to visit/vacation?
Korea!  Korea, hands down.  So many beautiful memories there: young love.

I love exploring.  I love travelling.  There is not a place on this planet that I would not go.  Mom and dad, please stop reading now!  I have been researching a trip to North Korea with a friend.  Next stop is probably India.
5. Who has been your biggest influence or inspiration?
My mother.  My father.
6. What is one talent that you don’t possess, but wish you did?
I wish I could fly.  Although this is not a talent, I think it would be pretty cool.  Okay, I'm a terribly slower reader and my comprehension level sucks so I just wish I was better at reading.
7. What is your favorite book?
Bah!  Funny how these questions are order.  My favourite books is "Tuesdays with Morrie"
8. Is there a celebrity that everyone else seems to love, but you just don’t get? Who?
I don't watch T.V. and I can barely remember the name of a movie I've just watched.  I could probably only name 5 A-list celebrities right now.  But I could certainly name more than a fair share of academic scholars!
9. What was your most treasured toy as a child?
Hulk Hogan.
10. If a zombie apocalypse happened right now, what would be the nearest object that you could use as a weapon?
A Paperclip which is currently holding papers that need to be graded right now :)  
THANKS FOR THE NOMINATION NONKOREAKRISA!

I tag everyone reading with a blog.  Comment here once you've answered these questions:

1.  Tell me something random about yourself.
2.  What is your biggest mistake?
3.  If you could live forever, would you?
4.  What is your dream job?
5.  Are you happy?
6.  What was the last thing you ate?
7.  If you could speak another language, what would you choose to speak?
8.  What fascinates you the most about people?
9.  What was the last kind thing you did for someone?
10.  How do you find meaning in life?

1 comment:

nonkoreankrisa said...

It's been forever since I've had time to really catch back up on the blogs I read. So, I know this is late, but here's my answers:

1. When I was little, I had a weird ocd where I couldn't go to sleep if my sheets had "folds" in them. ( Like, after you've slept one night, and the sheets have moved a little. If they weren't flat, I couldn't sleep.

2. My biggest mistake would probably be falling in love with a man who emotionally abused and manipulated me. But I'm so thankful I did. I learned to stand up for myself and I learned the kind of person I never want to be.

3. I would never want to live forever. If my family and friends are gone, what would I have to live for?

4. I'm still trying to figure that out.

5. As a general rule, yes. I'm happy.

6. Gummy worms.

7. I want to learn Korean. And Japanese. And French. And Spanish. And basically any other language I can. I just want to learn.

8. The thing that fascinates me most about people is how we each make a choice of what kind of person we want to be. I always wonder, "what made that person choose to be so mean, giving, passionate? What makes them tick?"

9. One of my co-workers/friends has been having car trouble for a few weeks. So, I've been driving him back and forth to work. Sometimes, he and I will just sit in my car at 3 am (we work nights) and talk. Sometimes, about stupid stuff, sometimes about problems, sometimes about the future or the past. He just moved to a place of his own, and I think he is pretty lonely without other people around day and night. So, I just sit and talk to him.

10. I find it through my friends and family. They make me happy and I want to do my best to make them happy as well.